Top Story
Wimbledon 2026 Women’s Day 9
Coco Gauff bounced back after dropping the first set to overhaul US compatriot Jessica Pegula 4-6, 6-3, 6-3 on Tuesday to book her career-first place in the Wimbledon semi-finals.
The seventh seed upset her No. 4 rival in an hour and three-quarters as Pegula played her second quarter-final here. Should she go on to win the title on Saturday, Gauff would overtake her rival as the top American.
Gauff will play for the semis against Karolina Muchova, who knocked out Naomi Osaka 7-6 (4), 6-4, defeating the Japanese for the second time in 10 days after beating her in the Bad Homburg final.

“I love the grass, and since the season is so short I try to enjoy it as much as I can,” the Czech said. “This is unbelievable, I’m so happy with this win.”
Mucholva finished with back-to-back aces to advance to the final four here for the first time.
“I’ve played three times on this (Court No. 1) and it was 0-3. I’m happy I finally got a win today.”
Gauff called reaching the final four “pretty insane.”
“”I had not won a match in two years on grass before coming to this tournament. I’m happy with how I played today.
“Jess was playing incredible, she is never easy. I’m just happy to get through this one today.”
Gauff said she set her mind on a comeback after dropping the opening set to the 32-year-old.
“I needed to be in the rallies and play the tennis I want to play. I was rushing a bit in the first set.
“But the last two sets were really great tennis. I have the confidence now to go the distance and not panic.”
Gauff, who first played here in 2019 as a 15-year-old, said she no longer feels nerves walking onto Centre Court. “I don’t know if I’m becoming a vet or what,,,”
Pegula was quick to analyse what went wrong for her.
“She made me feel a little bit uncomfortable. I started off returning really well
and put a lot of pressure on her serve – then it just kind of flipped.
“Maybe I was overthinking it a little bit. Maybe at the end I should have changed up the pace and sliced a bit more.
“There’s just a couple things here and there that you wish you could change, but it doesn’t always mean that it’s going to be a better outcome.”
Abu Dhabi
Bejlek winning run continues in Cincy
20 year old Czech Sara Bejlek continued her winning run at the Cincinnati Open as she overturned Madison Keys to reach her first ever WTA 1000 semi-final
She won 3-6 6-4 7-6 (7-5) in the quarter-finals as she looks to winning a second WTA title, having won the Abu Dhabi Open earlier in the year.
She will face fourth seed Coco Gauff.
Unseeded Bejlek, beat three major champions on her run to the final four, after knocking out world No. 1 Aryna Sabalenka in the previous round and Barbora Krejcikova before that.
Bejlek was a set down and 1-3 down in the second set but she won five of the next six games to level the match and again fought back from 4-2 down in the tie-break to win in two hours and 37 minutes.
The world number 35 said: “We had a kind of big talk with my team a couple of weeks ago, and since that moment I feel that it’s going quite well and I’m getting better in the believing in myself and improving also physically on the court.”
Main photo:- Sara Bejlek winning in Cincy – by WTATennis.com
ATP
Sinner to miss US Open, Draper also out
Jannik Sinner on Friday withdrew from the US Open with his continuing knee problems, with the world No. 1 aiming to be back on court for the ATP’s autumn Asian swing.
The Italian has not played since winning Wimbledon, making pullouts from the Montreal and Cincinnati Masters event.
The Open received some possible good news when injured Carlos Alcaraz posted on social media that he would be in New York but provided few details if he was speaking of singles or the exhibition celebrity mixed doubles playoff set for next week.
The Spaniard hurt his wrist in mid-April and has not played since,all the while dropping hints of a comeback.
“Even though I have been working hard with my team and my medical staff, we have now had to make the difficult decision that I will not be able to compete at the US Open this year,” Sinner said in a statement. .
“We have been back on court in Monte Carlo over the last couple of days and have realised that I still need more time to recover from my right knee issue,” Sinner added.
“I’m obviously very sad and disappointed, as New York has a special place in my heart.”
Also missing from the field at the last Grand Slam of the season will be chronically injured Brit Jack Draper, plagued by a long-term arm injury.
He has managed 16 matches over the past year, most recently losing at the ongoing Cincinnati Masters after going out in the first round the week before in Montreal..
Main photo:-Wimbledon 2026 Jannik Sinner with Mens Singles Trophy by Roger Parker International Sports Fotos Ltd
Cincinnati Masters
Rybakina quits Cincy match with foot injury
Elena Rybakina had to quit her semi-final at the ATP-WTA Cincinnati Masters, retiring while trailing 4-1 in the opening set on Thursday.The Kazakh who beat Swiatek in this month’s Toronto final suddenly stopped play, unable to put any weight on her left heel, which was already taped.
The trainer came for a look and she then attempted to play, retiring after one more point.
The win sends Swiatek into a match with Jessica Pegula, the third seed, who defeated Amanda Anisimova 6-4, 2-6, 7-6 (7-4).
“I was feeling anxious watching the whole situation,” Swiatek said. “I hope she will be fine. Health is always the priority.
“This is an important tournament, but the US Open is the US Open. I hope she is ready for that,” she said in reference to the upcoming major in New York. It was a shame she was injured, we were having a good match.”
The loss eliminated the possibility of Rybakina taking over the No. 1 Aryna Sabalenka, who was defeated in the fourth round here by 20-year-old Sara Bejlek. Had Rybakina made the Cincinnati final, the swap of places would have occurred n Monday.
-
Atlanta3 weeks agoTomic turnaround sends former bad boy to SF
-
ATP3 weeks ago17-year-old son of Lleyton, Cruz Hewitt earns first ATP title in DC
-
Queens4 weeks agoRaducanu joins Draper on the no-show list
-
Prague open4 weeks agoBreakthrough Lilli scores first WTA title
-
ATP3 weeks agoSinner coach learns to live with player health episodes
-
ATP3 weeks agoDe Minaur stops Tsitsipas to face Hewitt, Jr
-
ATP2 weeks agoFrustration reigns as Montreal player field collapses
-
Top Story3 weeks agoEala ignores rain inconvenience to win first title
